Pagina's

Sunday, April 20, 2014

The friendzone




I grew up with a lot of guys, so I have plenty of guy friends. I call them my brothers not my friends. Because for a guy and a a girl to be friends, well that’s just not that easy. I find my relationship with my bro’s easy. So I count myself as “one of the guys”. I like my girls, but I also think that guys are more easy going. Less drama, more fun, yep that’s what I like. But that less drama only counts when you’re just friends. And I guess that’s where it goes wrong.


My point is, the older you get the more people you meet, duh. But as a girl how can you decide if the guy just likes you as a friend or more? I mean, meeting someone in a club who’s buying you drinks and is calling you hot screams for “he wants more”. But you can also just have a nice co-worker, or a nice friend of a friend who you just hang out with?


So let’s say you meet a friend of a friend, you just chat a little bit on a birthday. You find out that you have the same interests, you both like action movies, asian food and hiphop music. You got some friends in common, you guys become facebook friends. You end up liking each-others pictures, which you could do if it was a fling, bro, friend, or ex. It’s hard to decide what that means. But than he sends you a private message, about this new movie coming out next week. Is he trying to ask you on a date, or does he just wanna hang out? Only one way to find out, so you guys end up going to the movie together. It’s a great movie, but you got a cinema pass, which you told him before, so even if he wanted to he couldn't pay for you. So the rule ‘if he pays it’s a date’ doesn't work. You didn't hold hands, or kissed in the cinema, but you never do that anyway. So again, what was this? The only way to find out is to keep on hanging out and just see where it goes. See where the flow brings you.


The danger in all of this is that you could end up just liking him as a friend or vice verse, because of course who doesn't fall in love with you? But if he’s in love with you, how are you going to continue the friendship? That’s gonna be hard, consider it a lost friendship.


I believe that a friendship is a good fundamental for a relationship. And no I don’t wanna date my ‘old friends’ but I would consider dating new friends. But it just sucks to ruin friendships, cause yes a friendship should just be a friendship.But hey you could also start a friendship with benefits, so you can stay there in that all mixed up got no clue on what the hell is going on situation!

Girls, good luck and have fun with your new friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment